Blog SEO is important because it helps you consistently get more traffic to your website. There are many things you can do to optimize your blog posts for SEO.
In this article, we will share our best blog SEO tips to help you optimise your blog posts for SEO like a pro.
Here are 5 easy search engine optimisation (SEO) tips to help get your blog noticed.
- Do your research. Keyword research is essential for on-page optimization. Chances are you are naturally including keywords without realizing it simply by providing valuable content on a topic. However, there are a variety of tools and techniques for finding related keywords relevant to your blog post that you may not have considered. The Google Adwords Keyword Tool and semrush.com both offer great tools that allow you to find keywords related to your topic and even spy on your competition to see what words and phrases they are targeting to bring traffic to their sites.
- Utilize keywords throughout your post.
Once you have targeted a couple of valuable, relevant keywords, it is important to place them where they will have the most impact and search engine crawlers indexing your content. Try to include them in the following places:
- Headings and subheadings
- Introductory sentence
- Concluding paragraph
- Anchor text (text you hyperlink to other related pages on your site)
- Title tags and meta descriptions
But…Don’t engage in keyword stuffing, which is the act of filling your content with so many keywords that it becomes difficult to read. Not only will this irritate your blog followers, but it will also get you penalized by Google. A couple of strategically placed keywords will do the trick.
- Optimise your images. Whenever you upload a photo to your blog, be sure to include keywords in the file name and fill out the alternate text field with a brief, keyword-rich description of the photo.
- Reference others with links. When you mention another blogger or article in your blog post, include a link to the information you are referencing. Not only is it good blogging etiquette, but you may also get lucky and receive a link back. Quality links are a valuable commodity for any site looking to rank higher in search engine results pages.
- Use social media to broaden the reach of your blog posts. As a small business, you may be utilizing Facebook, Twitter or other social media sites to create connections with potential and current customers. Why not promote your blog content on these sites for even more web exposure?
By following these simple SEO tips, you can encourage higher rankings, increased web traffic, and higher customer conversion rates.
If you need help with SEO on your content or website drop our team an email